On leaving school I trained and worked as a nurse and then went back to college and trained as a music teacher to enable me to spend more time with my son after I was widowed in 1989. In 1999 I entered into the Financial Services industry working first in Private Clients with HSBC and then as an Independent Financial Advisor in the Bournemouth area. Being a bit of an examination junkie, I continued working through the professional qualifications and am aiming to become a Chartered Financial Advisor in the near future. I continued exercising my teaching skills and lectured both the entry exams and advanced exams in financial services at Bournemouth and Poole College for six and a half years.
Now living in Manchester, I split my time between looking after my clients in both the Bournemouth and Manchester area and appreciating the Bournemouth beach whenever I can.
Things to know about me..
- Loves: having my family and friends around me
- Hates: spiders and rude people
- Can’t Live Without: my music and Praline & Cream Haagen Daz Ice cream
- Alternative Career: I am privileged to be able to continue performing as a secondary career
- Dinner Guests: due to my partner’s work, I have the luxury of getting to feed some amazing jazz musicians
- Favourite place: too many to name but love exploring and travelling to obscure places
- Sport: Have recently rekindled my love for cycling
- TV Heaven: not having one (although secretly miss it for watching films)
- Favourite Film: any romcom but Nottinghill has to remain one of my favourites
- Newspaper: I’m afraid I catch all my news on internet and news sites now
- Favourite Tipple: Most things except whisky and Cointreau (a legacy from my student days!!)
I am actively involved in charity work as a Trustee of Little Steps Big Futures, a registered charity which provides education to children living in poverty in Bangladesh. As part of my fund-raising endeavours I have cycled Land’s End to John O Groat’s, St Davids to Lowestoft coast to coast and have also successfully climbed Kilimanjaro. I still find time to play oboe, flute, clarinet and saxophone as well as running a 17 piece swing band The Hootin’ Annies, based in Manchester.